While That Poverty Guy is taking a break from posting blog entries until January 2nd (. . . unless something comes up that I just have to yak about), the following are some highlights of blog entries from 2011:
BEST Read Blogs of 2011:
#1 Hidden in Plain Sight
#2 Just Stop Having Babies?!?
#4 Really . . . What Does IT Look Like?
BEST Blogs of 2011 that Deserve to More Reads:
(. . . in That Poverty Guy's humble opinion)
#1 Cruel & Unusual Punishment
#2 Formula to Eradicate Poverty
#3 Afraid to Turn Around?
#4 Remembering Jack
BEST Videos of 2011 Produced by That Poverty Guy:
#1 Wisdom of the Littlest Pig
#2 And Now for Something Completely Different
#3 I Believe . . .
BEST Viewed 3rd Party Videos of 2011:
#1 Panhandlers, Street People & The Mustard Seed
#2 Advent Conspiracy
#3 ZOMAGOODNESS . . . How Old is She?!?
BEST 3rd Party Videos of 2011 that Deserve More Views:
#1 Hans Rosling and the Magic Washing Machine
#2 Waking Up
#3 Ending Hunger Now
BEST of the BIZARRE for 2011:
#1 Flaming Undies
#2 Caught with My Pants Down . . . Literally!
#3 Stone-Washed Jeans
BEST Images Created for the Blog in 2011:
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. Decide that poverty eradication is a priority.
2. Express your decision that poverty eradication is a priority . . . support declarations (here are two to start with . . . A Declaration to World Leaders AND Dignity for All) and encourage your family/friends/co-workers to get on board, too.
3. Take opportunities to write to your elected officials asking them to make poverty eradication within their jurisdiction a top priority.
4. Don't be silent when people propagate ignorance about poverty such a generalizations that those in poverty are lazy or somehow deserving of their situation. Fight ignorance with knowledge.
5. Find an area of poverty that speaks to your heart, and do just a little bit more than you are right now (volunteering, donating money, advocating).
Hey!! I'm That Poverty Guy . . . let's make a world of difference together.